- 1 5-6 lb Bone-in Pork Butt roast
- 4-6 oz of TT’s Cajun Au Jus Pepper Jelly
- 8 oz of TT’s Rougarou Sauce
- Wash and pat pork roast dry.
- Place on cutting board to inject, a large holed needle is needed to let seasoning in pepper jelly pass through.
- Inject roast with Cajun Au Jus Pepper Jelly as desired. place injected roast into deep pan and coat thoroughly with Rougarou Sauce and loosely cover and refrigerate over night.
- Prepare a smoker as per the manufacturer’s instructions with wood chips/pellets of your choice, heat to 225 degrees and place roast with fat cap side up so rendering will sink into the meat.
- Smoke 7-8 hours low and slow until desired doneness is achieved. Be sure to check smoker for any needed water/chips/pellets as per your smoker’s manufacturer.
- Internal temperature should be no less then 165 degrees.
- Remove from smoker and let rest 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving.